Here are some of the exciting things that have been happening in the InterMine community recently:
- InterMineR: GSoC student Konstantinos has been updating our R client, InterMineR, which is now ready for early testing and feedback. Download and install via dev tools!
- Similarity Project: Samyadeep’s GSoC work identifying similarities between objects in InterMine has produced an intriguing early graph: https://github.com/intermine/similarity/blob/master/intermine.pdf (also, who knew pdfs could be animated?)
- InterMine iOS app: Everyone who added their name to our iOS testing sign-up form should have gotten an email from GSoC student Nadia telling you to sign up to Hockey, the third-party application we’re using to distribute test builds. After you install Hockey and add your device ID, you’ll get an email notifying you when there’s a new test build available. You can submit any feedback via Hockey, or create a ticket in the repo. (github repo)
- InterMine Registry: Leonardo’s GSoC project has an early endpoint up that can be examined – check it out here: https://intermine-registry.herokuapp.com/registry/api-docs/ – how did we manage without a registry for so long? 😅 (github repo)
- Neo4j: GSoC student Yash Sharma has shared a nice blog post about structuring InterMine metadata in Neo4j. (InterMine neo4j github repo)
- Python cookbook: Like we mentioned in a previous post, Samarth has been creating a set of InterMine python tutorials. Tutorial 3 on filtering and constraints has just been published.
- Fly correlation webapp: Basheer set up this Fly correlation webapp which takes a Drosophila gene and retrieves a list of correlated genes based on gene properties. (github repo)
Thanks to everyone who has contributed including students and their mentors. You guys are awesome!
Have you done anything exciting with InterMine lately? email info [at] intermine [dot] org, tweet us at @intermineorg, or pop into chat.intermine.org to tell us about it… we’d love to feature you in a future round-up!
You must be logged in to post a comment.