We apologise for the service interruption today. Our server suffered a hardware failure at 4pm GMT, which has now been fixed.
FlyMine 6.0 adds data from sevenÂ Dropsophila RNAi screens from the DRSC, microarray-based gene expression data from FlyAtlas and Transcriptional cis-regulatory modules (CRMs) from REDfly. Template queries have a new, succinct naming scheme and identifiers/names in results tables are now links to object details pages. Other data sources have been updated/added and there are numerous interface improvements.
NOTE – from release 6.0 FlyMine does not support saved bags of objects. User’s object bags have not been ported to release 6.0 but can still be retrieved from the release 5.0 archive. If any user wishes to use information from old object bags we recommend exporting from 5.0 as a list of appropriate identifiers and uploading to release 6.0. Please contact us if you require any help with this. All other saved information has been transferred to release 6.0.
An upcoming release of FlyMine will introduce a new system for uploading and managing bags of data.
- NEW – Microarray-based gene expression data forÂ D. melanogaster from FlyAtlas.
- NEW – High-throughput cell-based RNAi screens from theÂ Drosophila RNAi Screening Center.
- NEW – Transcriptional cis-regulatory modules (CRMs) forÂ D. melanogaster from REDfly.
- NEW – Probe sets from the Affymetrix GeneChip Drosophila Genome 2.0 Array.
- NEW – Syntenic regions betweenÂ D. melanogaster andÂ D. pseudoobscura.
- NEW – Orthologues and GO annotation forÂ S. pombe andÂ P. falciparum.
- NEW – Anatomy ontology forÂ Drosophila.
- UPDATE -Â D. melanogaster genome annotation updated to version 4.3.
- UPDATE – UniProt protein data is now at version 8.9.
- UPDATE – Worm RNAi data from WormBase 30th September 2006.
- UPDATE -Â D. melanogaster BACs are now loaded.
- UPDATE – Protein fragments from UniProt are now identified by an isFragment true/false attribute.
- UPDATE – Proteins now have a length (in amino acids) and molecularWeight (in Daltons).
- FIX – Protein interaction confidence scores restored.
- FIX – PCRProducts now reference the TilingPathSpan they create.
- FIX – Some unpublished microarray experiments have been removed.
- User Interface
- NEW – Names and identifiers in results tables now link to object details pages.
- NEW – Template names have been changed so that they now have a short name and a longer description. The short name is the main name and is displayed on the aspect pages, template search results and the object details pages. This shorter name has the format ‘query starting point(s)’ –> ‘query output’ and allows easier scanning of templates to find the one required. The longer description can be viewed when the template form is accessed.
- NEW – When running a template query the title and description is displayed above the results.
- NEW – The trail now includes a ‘Query’ link back to the template or Query Builder, i.e. now ‘Query -> Results’.
- UPDATE – It is no longer possible to create bags of objects from results or upload.
- UPDATE – Chromosomal locations are displayed in a more compact format (e.g. 2R:1598168-1676472).
- UPDATE – ‘History’ has been renamed to ‘My Mine’ and the layout improved.
- improved query and template XML import/export options.
- added a ‘Change Password’ tab.
- bag listing and upload pages have been combined.
- FIX – Searches in bags of strings are no longer case sensitive.
- FIX – After running a template query ‘Current Query’ will now return to the template form instead of the Query Builder page.
- FIX – To address a performance issue bag size is limited to 100 entries unless you are logged in (when the limit is much higher).
- There are no changes to tools available in release 6.0.
- Known issues
- There are currently no known issues with data in release 6.0.
FlyMine is looking for an experineced biologist to join the team on part-time maternity cover.Â More Information.
A joint FlyMine/FlyBase workshop will held on Thursday 23rd November in the Department of Genetics, Cambridge University. For more information and booking please seeÂ workshop information.
The FlyMineÂ tutorials have now been updated. Tutorials on using the QueryBuilder, working with bags and building your own templates have been added.
FlyMine 5.0 adds genome annotation forÂ D. pseudoobscura (release 2.0 from FlyBase) andÂ A. mellifera (release 2.0 from Ensembl) with InParanoid orthologues to the other genomes in FlyMine. Also added are InParanoid orthologues to many other species and GO annotation for some of them. Interface improvements include the ability for users to tag favourite templates and to change their password.
- NEW: Genome annotation forÂ D. pseudoobscura version 2.0 from FlyBase.
- NEW: Genome annotation forÂ A. Mellifera release 2.0 from Ensembl version 37.
- NEW: InParanoid orthologues fromÂ D. melanogaster, D. pseudoobscura, A. gambiae, C. elegans andÂ A. mellifera to many other organisms.
- NEW: GO annotation (accessible via orthologues) forÂ M. musculus, R. ratticus, S. cerevisiae andÂ A. mellifera.
- NEW: Protein interaction and UniProt data for S. cerevisiae.
- NEW: IntergenicRegion class – objects to describe intergenic regions on chromosomes, sequence and overlapping features available. Genes now have references to upstream and downstream intergenic regions.
- UPDATE: Genome annotation forÂ A. gambiae updated to build AgamP3 from Ensembl version 37.
- FIX: INDAC microarray oligos now have sequences.
- FIX: OMIM disease names are no longer duplicated, new templates added to the Disease aspect.
- FIX: mRNA sequences no longer include intron sequences.
- FIX: Protein Interactions – some interactions referenced isoform ids so data didn’t merge correctly with other protein information. Now have correct UniProt accession.
- FIX: Protein interactions are now correctly assigned to Formstecher et al, 2005 – was fixed in IntAct.
- User Interface
- NEW: Favourite templates – logged in users can see a * beside template query names to select then as favourites. They are listed in a new ‘Favourites’ tab on the History page.
- NEW: Change password – users can now choose there own password when creating an account. Passwords can be changed when logged in by clicking on the username in the top menu bar.
- FIX: Missing class descriptions completed.
- NEW: Boolean fields are now constrained by a true/false dropdown.
- FIX: GBrowse images on object details pages are now oriented correctly for features on reverse strand. Also now show absolute coordinates.
- Known Issues
- Due to a change in format of XML from IntAct there are no confidence scores for protein interaction experiments, we will release a fixed version as soon as possible.
- Gene.goAnnotation collection not filled in for A. Gambiae genes, need to use Gene.annotations instead.
FlyBase gene reports now include a link directly to FlyMine gene details pages.