In release 8.0 we have updated the data model for protein interactions, protein structure and orthologues to make them easier and faster to query. We also include three new data sets: Tiffin (predicted regulatory motifs), anoEST (A. gambiae EST clusters) and predicted 3-D protein structures for A. gambiae domains. A new type of constraint is used in template queries which now allows you to enter any identifier or symbol.
- NEW – D. melanogaster predicted regulatory motifs and functional sites (motif instances) from theÂ Tiffin database. Note these have been mapped to the release 5.0 genome sequence.
- NEW – A. gambiae EST and EST clusters from theÂ Imperial College London Centre for Bioinformatics.
- NEW – A. gambiae protein domain 3-D structure predictions fromÂ Kenji Mizuguchi. This data provides structure predictions for regions of A. gambiae proteins that correspond to a Pfam domain.
- NEW – H. sapiens and M. musculus protein information included from UniProt, we already include InParanoid orthologues to these organisms.
- User Interface
- NEW – LOOKUP constraints. Most template queries are now updated to use a new type of constraint. Now you don’t need to enter a specific type of identifier – for example for the D. melanogaster gene zen you could enter ‘zen’, ‘CG1046’, ‘FBgn0004053’ or ‘zerknullt’ and get the same result. You could even enter a protein and or transcript identifier and it would find the gene.